Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8: Second Post of the Trip

Hola, tators! Well, I am sitting in my inferno of a house while my A/C is being fixed. Although there is no sun (NOTE: I think it is in New Jersey for some bizzar reason)it is hot as Hades. I am waiting for the devil himself to sit next to me on the couch and watch the season finally of "Tough Love." (NOTE: I think he would totally approve of the show because of all the naughty-naughty behavior!)

Anywho...
So, Carl-E arrive in Roma after a 8 hour flight, get to our hotel, and crash for a couple hours. After a refreshing nappy-nap (NOTE: Yes, I finally was able to nap, but it took staying up all night and three glasses of wine!), we headed out to the Vatican. Now, according to the hotel's website we were only a hop-skip-and-a-jump away.

Well...
We got so lost; we jigged when we should of jagged (NOTE: This will not be the only time we got lost; thank goodness I had good walking shoes). What should of taken a twenty minutes max took over an hour. After consulting three different maps, the position of the sun, and the way the wind was blowing, we finally figured out the right direction.

When...
we got to St Peters, we toured the church, and then headed to the museum. Well, when we finally go there it was closed! May 1 is Italy's Labor Day. I was so bummed; but have no fear I had a back up plan: visit the castle.

I will tell...
you that personal space does not exists. While in line I think I has relations with 5 people. Everyone was sooooooooooooo close; way too close. And in line for the castle is where I spotted it! The first scrunchie! It was practically touching my nose, and to add insult to injury, it was florescent pink! And then I looked down and saw a pair of red Crocs too; UGGGGG! It took a full 15 minutes for me to get over the shock of this horrific sight.

After...
the castle it was off to have dinner at a restaurant recommend by a friend. Well, guess what?! It was closed. So, we headed to another one. Sitting next to us, was the most sappy of sappy couples; except it was so one-sided. She called him "honey" and "cupcake" and "bunny" and all sorts of names that made me want to up chuck my pizza all over the table. I thought they might of been on their honeymoon because of all the cooing, but she was not sporting any rock of any size. If they are just dating, he needs to run quick and far, far away. If I had to deal with all that sugary-speak I could not be responsible for my actions. Icky!

Well, I am off to stick my head in the freezer before I melt into a puddle.

And I'm out!

No comments: