Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12 January: Flats

Hola tators! Well, we got some snow and ice here in Hot-Lanta. And "yes" your girl cannot drive in the snow! I was at a restaurant eating with some friends, and when it came time to pay the check, the server says, "Are you parked out back?" To this I reply, "Why yes!" She just gives me a look at worry and says, "Be carful getting out."
Now...
While we were eating an icky snow was falling. What I mean by icky is not that pretty large fluffy flakes that gently float to the Earth and kiss the ground, but those have frozen, half flakes, half rain snow that only makes brown snow when it hits the ground and turns to slick and slippery ice.
So...
We venture outside to my auto, pile in, and off we go; well that's what I thought! As I tried to get up the hill, my tires began to spin and spin and spin. And then, I started to go backwards. So quick like a bunny, I through on the emergency break and stop my car right before it slams into the car behind me. So, I circle the parking lot trying to get some speed behind me, but it was wash, rinse and repeat all over!
Next...
These guys were taking out the trash and saw me in my dilemma. So, they decided to get behind me and push, but that was not working and I was afraid that I was going to run one over and then I would have to pay his widow and his kids with all my LV's!!!
So...
We told them thanks but no thanks. And I gunned it one more time around the parking lot, and slowly but surly I made it out. Yippy for moi!!!

5 nights later...
I am out to dinner with another friend, and we are waiting at valet for the car (NOTE: Almost every restaurant has valet, I was not being fancy fancy pants).

But...
When he pulled up with my car, I noticed that I had a flat!!! Now, I have never changed a flat tire before; basically I know what to do but never actually did it. But, we batted our eyes at the valets and they jumped into A-C-T-I-O-N! They got the car jacked up, lug nuts were loosened, and then they were trying to take the tire off. But it would not budge.
And then...
They realized it was the emergency break keeping the tire on, so they released and BOOM! The jack slips and the car crashes down. So, they had to go through all the motions again and finally they changed the tire, YEAH!!! Luckily I have a full size spare, so I can drive like forever on it!!
:)

And I am out!
Stay warm!

No comments: