Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18: The Terrible Toe

Happy The-Day_After-St-Pat's Day!!! Well, I can assure you that I did not partake in any beer o'green. The temptation was there, but I resisted. Yes, tators I do have will power, except when it comes to shoes, and well LV's!!!

Speaking of shoes...
Right now I can only wear my Ugg boots and a pair of sneakers with a giant hole cut in the side of it (NOTE: These are called air condition shoes; term created by my foot doctor). I had an operation on my pinky remove bone spurs and to straighten it out. I am so jonesin to wear my new strappy wedges, but they will have to wait until the swelling goes down.

Also...
I am supposed to not run for another week or two. But, your girl was B-A-D!!! On Sunday, there was a 5k race that I signed up for WAY before I knew I would have to have my operation. My intention was to walk the 5k because I was craving aerobic exercise. But, when I got there, I got so caught up in the moment; the crowd, the music, the free green beads since it was a St. Patty Day themed race. Up until seconds before the gun sounded, I was still going to walk.

And then...
BANG! And it was as if my feet took over, for they did not walk; they ran! I was running and thought, "I really should not be doing this!" But, I was a naughty girl and did. And it felt so good to be bad!

Now...
My time totally sucked but I did not care. I RAN!!!! It was the first time in three weeks. I swore to myself that I was not going to tell anyone because I knew I would get a lecture.

However...
When Carl-E got home from his trip, he asked me about the race. And, well, catholic guilt got to me and I blurted out that I ran the race. Well, did I get a tongue lashin from him. I just stood there with my head down, but I did have a smile across my face!!!!

And I am out...

No comments: