Monday, April 5, 2010

April5: Back from the Iland of Green

Hey there, tators! I am back from the Green Island and I feel like poo-poo! I do not know if it is jet-lag or that I am getting sick. I feel as if I got smacked up side the head with a stick.

Anywho...
Carl-E and I had a fabu time on our adventure to Dublin. It is a wonderful little city, where everyone is super nice; I mean over-the-top nice. I think it is illegal to be mean in that city. And if you are mean; NO GUINESS FOR YOU!!!

So...
Carl-E and I got to the airport on Tuesday night, rearing and ready to go, go, go!!! So, before we board the plane armed with sleeping pills and bottles of H2O, I head to the ladie's room or toilet as they say abroad (NOTE: I realy hate calling it a "toilet"). While I am entering the stall, I hear the phone ring next to me. Now, if the phone rings and you are in the middle of "something" do you answer it? Well, she did. Oh my!!!! I was so appalled that I actually said, "That is nasty!" I do not know if she heard me or not, but really?! Icky-icky!!!!

After...
Carl-E downed a few vodka tonics and I a couple red vinos and a sleeping pill a piece, we were on our way to La-La land and Ireland!!! When we awoke we had a less than palatable breakfast and luke warm coffee, and then an hour later, we were in Dublin!

We...
hailed a taxi, got to our hotel, and crashed! After a three hour nap, we hit the town running. It was so cold, tators! It was around 35 degrees; burrrrrrrrrrrr!!! But being the experienced travelers that we are, we packed accordingly and were toasty in our fleeces and wool sweaters. First was Trinity College to see the famous Book of Kells. They are so beautiful, much more than in person than any art history book can reproduce. The colors are so vivid and the gold is so reflective. You cannot believe how old these books are!!!

Next...
was the anthropology museum where we saw the bog bodies! So cool. The bog bodies are mummified bodies that were found in bogs (NOTE: Hence the name "bog bodies"). They are super old, like thousands and their skin looks like old leather purses!!! You can see their hair, teeth, and nails. Way too cool!!!

After...
we ran around town, we settled down for a few pints of yummy Irish cold beer (NOTE: YES!!! they serve their beer cold!!!) and got to talking to Eddie; the bar tender. His favorite word was the f-bomb, is almost 50, and lives with his parents still, but was as nice as could be. Poor Carl-E could barley understand him, so every time Eddie walked away to take care of another customer, I translated for him! We intended to have a few drinks, but we wound up staying for like 4 hours!!!! After our bellies were full of Irish food and beer, we stumbled back to our hotels, and feel fast alseep!!!

More later, tators, I've gotts a ton of laundry to do!!!

1 comment:

Bess said...

Pictures of the Book of Kells???? I'd love to see them in person!