Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8: Thursday

Good morning to ya!!! Well, I have been home almost 4 days and I think I am still feelin jet lag; is that possible? My tired butt cannot get motivated to do anything today. But, I know how you all hangin by a thread to hear more about my trip, so I will not let you wait with baited breath anymore (NOTE: That would be very, very, cruel of moi)

So...
On Thursday, we ventured out to the Malahide Castle. It was a bus trip outside the city, so we got to see some of the country side. While getting out of the city, our bus driver told us we were passing through the ghetto and not to travel in part of town EVER!

Well...
I was expecting gun fights with AK-47's in the streets, car bombs blowing up store fronts, and houses on fire with people jumping out of the windows. It was so nothing like that, at all! Actually, if that part of town is the ghetto, I wanted to see the rich part of the city because the streets must be paved with gold and diamonds rain from the sky every day at 3pm! The "ghetto" had clean streets, no graffiti, no boarded up windows, no gang bangers, nada! It should get the national award for the nicest ghetto, EVER!

We...
Arrive at the castle. It was magnificent with peacocks and peahens running around the grounds. We were able to take a tour of the inside of the castle and found out there are two ghosts that live there. I was hoping to get a glance, but I saw nothing but really old furniture and lots of portraits of men with poofy white hair. Oh well, maybe they were off having tea.

After...
the bus tour Carl-E and I decided to tour the Jameson factory. Now, I dislike, no hate scotch with the biggest passion, so I was not excited about going. But, I sucked it up because I knew my man wanted to go. So, we embarked on the tour of the distillery and at the end we received a free glass of Jameson with any mixer that we wanted. Well, in Dublin they drink it with cranberry and lime. With mucho coaxing, I decided that since I was in Ireland I would drink the whiskey like the Irish do. Well, your girl has new fancy cocktail to drink. It was so delish, that after the tour, Carl-E hit the bar and I ordered another one. If you never had Jameson try it with cranberry and lime; you will soon be like me; a very happy expert of fine Irish whisky! Yummy, yummy in my tummy!!!

And I am out!!!

Next time...
THE RAIN!!!

No comments: