Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16: Do Not Tread On Moi!

"Happy National Stress Awareness Day and National Eggs Benedict Day!" Ok, I do not need a national day that focuses on stress, do you tators?! I think the constant grinding of my teeth while I slumber is a pretty good awareness-meter of my stress. In addition, the meds rainbow that adorns my bathroom cabinet from my supplier, oh I mean MD is just a teeny-weeny indicator of how stress is a major playa in my existence. As far as eggs Benedict; yucky-yucky-yuck! I tried them once and I thought it was the grosses thing I have ever consumed (NOTE: Being hung over from a beer blurred evening probably did not help)! National-Bank-of-Ed was a big fan of the sliminess that is Benedict, but the Benedict gene was not passed on to moi.

So...
Your girl braved the crowds and attended the Tea Party. I have to admit, that I was very leary at first because I do not do the whole crowd thing very well.

Let's jump in the time machine...
while at the 3rd Lalapolza I was trying to get near the stage to see God-knows-Who. It was August in Orlando, so it was ballz hot, like a 100000 degrees. When the band came on stage, everyone surge forward; I actually found myself with my feets off the ground. When the pushing stopped, I'z did not feel too fabu. I told my friends that I thought I was going to pass out and with that said I did. I woke up laying half on a piece of cardboard next to a mud infested mosh pit, I was quickly receiving a mud facial from all the mud being splashed on me.

Well...
when Carl-E said he wanted to check out the Tea Party, I had flash backs to the mud pit and when I saw that they estimated between 5000-10000 bodies in attendance, I was like "Oh, hellz no!"

But...
after some coaxing, I caved in like a crevasse. We were going to take Marta, instead of driving. And Marta stops running at 9pm, so I knew we could not stay that long.

I pick out...
my outfit and was ready to go at 7pm. Carl-E , his friend, and moi get on Marta to head to the State capital building. As we were walking, I realized I had made a huge fashion faux pas; I did not wear red! Red was the color-scheme of choice for this soiree. But, no fear, I was prepared because I had my red lipstick compact and blackcherry in my LV travel bag (NOTE: Yes, I have a special LV that I use on trips; it crosses over the body and has the cutest flap closure.). As we approach the capital from over four blocks away we spied the crowd. I begin to quake in my puma flats (NOTE: I am breaking them in for my trip to Rome, because I cannot wear kicks to Bennie's casa).

I...
ask Carl-E if we can hang towards the back. I took out my blackcherry and begin snapping photos of all the signs. Some where really funny, such as "Both Parties Suck" and "Coffee is Better than TEA!" Only one true Southern boy broke out the "Stars and Bars" (NOTE: I all I could think of is this is the photo that will appear on every major newspaper across the country! With the caption "If Taxes keep rising will the South rise again?!").

As the...
crowd began to grow, I started to get that queezy feeling. So, I switch my focus to people watching. There were lots of ladies sporting tea bag earrings and paper tea cup hats jauntily placed on their heads (NOTE: I hope this trend NEVA catches on). Men with funny star sunglasses (NOTE: Only Bootsy Collins can carry that off). As the crowd got tighter and tighter, I could no longer even see up, but then I spotted HIM!

It was...
the most magnification comb-over I have ever witnessed. Trump has nothing on this guy's coiffure. The comb over started just above his left ear and reached clear across his chrome dome. But right above his left ear he had about an inch of closely clipped hair to give the illusion that he had a buzz cut. It was genius! (NOTE: To see photos; visit my FB page!). After I marvfeled at his merical of styling, I knew I had seen it all and it was time to jet.


Gotts to bounce!

No comments: