Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 9: Pollen, pollen everywhere...

Hello there, tators and "Happy Winston Churchill Day and Name Yourself Day." So if you are feeling like you want to be a leader of some country that is in the middle of some war today is your day to implement a coup and/or if you feel that "Sally" no longer fits your edgy persona; change it to Apple, Orange, Pear, or Banana.

Well...
I have been fightin the endless war with pollen. I am sad to report that I am losing terribly. See, here in Hot-Lanta when the slightest sign of Spring appears, everything with a cell wall and chloroplasts goes nuts! Pollen thickly covers everything more than the powder on Queen Elizabeth's born-again-virgin face! At one time I did have a matallic black car, now it is mustard yellow; yucky yucky poo! And it makes no sense to take it down to Avril's to have it rinsed, washed, buffed, and waxed because by 2pm, it will be yellow again. I much rather spend that money on a new lipstick!

When...
I lived in F-L-A, I had a little itchy eye here; a little runny nose there; ya know nothing a Clariton could not clear up in a jiffy! But here in the A-T-L, pollen laughs in the face of Clariton; Ha! Ha! Nothing I ingest or snort will take away all my symptoms, but tators, your girl never gives up the good fight. I continue my pavement pounding despite after 4 miles I look like I have jaundices, because I am covered in a fine mist of you-know-what!

So...
Saturday Carl-E and I embark on our usual routine; running at the park and then breakfast at Einstein's. So, about 1/4 way into my run I begin to wheeze. No biggy; I spit out my delish fruit-flavored gum that I always chew while I run, so I do not get dry mouth because unlike normal people, I cannot run and breath out my nose, I have to breath out of my mouth. But, that does not stop the wheezing.

Next...
I start to get a tigh feeling in my chest. "OMG! I am having a coronary!" was my first thought. Want to know my second thought??? "I cannot die I am going shoe shoppin for my new Christian Louboutins this afternoon; I have waiting all year for them!" So, I stop running start pacing back in forth while murmuring to myself like a crazy (NOTE: Sandrine that one was for you!) while trying to control my anxiety. And with no Xanx, that is pretty difficult my tators.

Then I see...
Carl-E heading down the path. He stops when he sees me and asks me what's wrong. In between wheezes, I tell him the 411. He tells me to walk the rest of the way and leaves me in his dust (NOTE: That was more than likely 99.9% pollen). I think he thinks I am heartier than I really am, but then I have climbed numerious moutains in sub-zero weather.

I start...
to inform myself; allowd; to I am not a whimpy-whimp, suck it up, and not to let itty-bitty pollen put a damper on my day. So, I slowly start back up; wheezed my way through the rest of the run (NOTE: Go me! Go me! Go me!) and later on that day brought my shoes!

And...
yes they are tres fabu!

Here is a funny urban word of the day for those of you that work in offices:

notice me e-mail

In the age of telecommuting, an e-mail message sent either early in the morning, or late at night, with the subtle intent of revealing the fact that the sender was logged on and working at the time the message was sent, hidden within the context of a more "official" looking message.

(an example "notice me e-mail")

From: Molly Worker
To: dev_group@mycompany.org
Date: 03/27/05 23:17:04 EST
Subject: Deliverable deadline

Hi all... I just wanted to let you all know that I have received most of your status reports, but that the deliverable deadline is fixed. Therefore, if you will not be able to make the deadline, please adjust your status report schedule to fit the deadline.

Thanks!

--
Molly Worker

No comments: