Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 9: Not as Bad As I Thought!


Good mornin', tators!

After my mini-pre-mid-life-crisis, I got to thinking...

- Ok, EVERYONE was not excited about the MTV awards. They basically sucked donkey butt. As a fellow blogger wrote, "It’s officially official: MTV is no longer relevant to the music world." So, I fell a couple of years younger than the 75 years old I was feel yesturday. Now, I am a rockin' 72!

- As far as the election, EVERYONE is waiting with baited breath for the verbal smack down to commence. No one is safe, even the Teflon Big "O" is getting thrown under the bus by house frows who are boo-hooin' because she wont have Mrs. P on her show. And you know, that those mumu waering zombies never bad-speak their false golden idole. Get your Orval microwave low fat kettle corn, Coke Zero, fuzzy blankee, and
bring on the debates!

- Just because I no longer wear clothing that could possible be defined as "hoochie" does not mean that I have lost my female pizazz! The less you show, they more they want to know! (NOTE: If you use this quote, you must send me $1)

Let's move on...

I have a new LV family member! Last week, it was my 30+something birthday. Now, I was not expecting anything for my B-Day from Carl-E. Well, actually, that's a lie! I was expecting something, but I had no clue what. You might be thinking, "Why would not she expect anything for HER day?" Well, back in June when I was visiting Margerine, I made a pit stop in the LV NYC shop and purchased a fabu hat. As a good wife, I called Carl-E and asked if I could buy the hat, please, pretty, please, please! Just like any good husband that is in the middle of an important meeting and really could not be bothered with my frivouls request, he said, "YES!"

Well, Carl-E was out of town on my B-Day. He sent me an email saying that I could pick one of the following:
- A new LV
- A new pair of shoes and jeans
- A new Coach and Dooney Bag

Well, I was tempted by the shoes and jeans combo because I have had my eye on a new pair of CL booties, but I had my eye on a LV daimer tote. So, I emailed him back, "I select #1!" (NOTE: That's it with Godiva. If she thinks she is going to borrow it she is very mistaken!) That Carl-E is A-OK!

In addition...
Since I fell that I am a bit out of the loop with my Urban lingo. I have decied to stay current by reading the Urban Dictonary. And like the ever thoughtful friend, I want to help you, too! So, at the end of every post I'll include a new word or phrase. Now that's off the chain, son!

This joint is for my peeps know the hurricane 411! Holla!


hurrication


The temporary but much longer than expected amount of time spent away from home by New Orleans residents immediately following hurricane Katrina.
(NOTE: We have tons of people on hurrication in Hot-Lanta!)

I gotta jet!









No comments: