Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20, 2008: The Battle of the Ballz!

A happy Monday from Burr-Lanta! It is ice, ice, ice baby out there! Carl-E and I are getting our backyard did. However, it is not going as smooth as a baby's tush; if anything far from it.

Let's go back, way back...
Carl-E wanted a pool. However, being that we live "in-the-city" we have a decent size backyard, but it tiny-weeny compared to our O-Town backyard. We could fit a pool in our backyard, oh if we want to have our porch steps leading in to the H2O. So, after getting numerous quotes, I finally convinced Carl-E that it was not worth the $45,000 greenbacks to get a pool. (NOTE: Despite our lack of green space, I actually had pool guys tell me that we could fit a full size pool. I want to know what they were smokin')

So...
Carl-E finally decides he wants a jacuzzi and "Yippy!" I say! So, I start interviewing landscapers. They must be smokin' the same wacky-weed as the pool guys, because the costs were insane-in-the-membrane! They had good ideas, but with about 60 extra hours a week, a back-ho, and a cement mixer I could do the work.

Finally...
I found a guy that came in at a good price, seemed nice enough, and would not take us for a ride. Now, this was way back in the end of MARCH! We were supposed to start in August, and then September, and then the start of October, and finally things started to get dug up last week.

Let's come to current day...
Since, I am the one that is home, I am the foreman! I oversee everything! What I say goes (NOTE: At least I thought so!)! And then, I woke up by Carl-E's yells. Being that he gets home way after the sun goes down, he cannot see the war zone that is our backyard. Everything was fine, until the brick was delivered. And, he only saw that because it only takes up the whole driveway and we are forced to park in the street.

Now...
I have to admit, I was not 100% sas-ified with the brick. But, he was LIVID! He came into the house with a brick in each hand,and said, "What is this?!" I replied, "Two bricks." (NOTE: This obvious answer was not appreciated). Steam was coming out of his ears, his eyes became large and bulged out of his head, his muscles stared to rip his shirt, and his skin turned a shade of pea-green. He was not happy. So, I suggested that he have a chat with the landscape guy. (NOTE: There is a method to my madness; I have to deal with the landscape guy on a daily basis and for me to totally piss him off would not make a good positive environment for me and I totally thrive better on positive vibes, so I decided to make Carl-E the bad guy! I am so tricky!)

On Saturday...
The it was down like Charlie Brown! Carl-E walked into the backyard with that "I-AM-THE-KING-OF-THIS-CASTLE-DESPITE-WHAT-MY-WIFE-THINKS-SHE-IS" walk. I stayed on the porch and tried to eavesdrop the best that I could. The facial expressions told me everything; landscape guy=not happy; Carl-E=not happier.
In the end, Carl-E won,and the brick is going back, as it should, and I still look good as I should!

And, I off to look at new bricks!

Later!

Now, I never received this call, have you?

CUDDLE CALL

a phone call (or a text) to arrange an immediate cuddle date. Not a booty call but similar in the call for satisfaction nature of the behavior.

"Hey Baby. What's going on?"
"Hi. Cuddle Call?"
"See you in ten minutes"

No comments: