Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5, 2008: Swim This Bee-otch!

Happy Sunday, Tators! As many of you know, I have been taking swimming lessons. In about 6 weeks, I went from splashing around like a total spazz, to gliding through the water like a sleek yacht.

Because of my fabulous progress, I graduated from the indoor pool to the outdoor pool. The outdoor pool is were the "big" kids swim. These are serious swimmers yo; they do not front! I was as nervous as a prepubescent girl wearing the most heinous double-knit polyester orange pants suit that her mother picked out for her on the first day of 7th grade.

So, on the day that I was to embark on the next chapter of my swimming life what did I do? I totally chickened out! I let the fear get my goat. When my coach got to the pool, she was like, "Why are you in here?" And, I was like, "Because." And, she was like, "Because why?" And, I was like, "Because." I was hell-bent about not getting out of the water, so I was willing to keep the game going forever and ever. Either because she is really nice or I wore her down, she let me stay inside. However, I had to promise to go outside the next time. I agreed with my finger crossed behind my back.

Well...
The next day I psyched myself up to going outside. I repeated over and over in my head a little diddy of a cheer "Be aggressive, B-E aggressive!" When I got to the pool, I was pumped up, full of pep, and ready to swim my tush off! I was introduced to the "lane leader" and another swimmer. (NOTE: I was not swimming with the swimming-god and goddess, I was in the Granny lane. ) I jumped in and so did the other two swimmers (NOTE: The other two were supposed to go outside the same day I was, but I think they were intimidated too, because they stayed inside with me).

So, we began with our warm-up, and then we went on to our work out. At first, I was flustered, and swallowed a ton of H2O, but then I remembered my cheer, and began to pick up speed. After the first part of the workout, ten 100's, I was ready to go, go, go!

Let me back up a bit...
When we were introduced to the lane leader and the other one, the lane leader told us new-bees that when your foot is touch; swim to the end of the lane, get in the corner, and let the person lap you.

Well...
During the second part of our workout, I began to catch up to, let's call her "Lady." Well, I touched Lady's foot to tell her, "Move, get out the way!" Well, when she got to the end, she looked at me, and then continued swimming. So, I touched her foot again, and she did the same thing. I began to think that she had a problem with her short-term memory, because she obviously did not remember what the foot touch meant.

So...
After our 2nd 400, Lady turns to me and says, "Can you see under the water?" "Yes, why?" I replied. "Well, you keep touching my foot." I was thinking, "So shee-it Sherlock!" And before I could answer her, she turned in to a total bi-otche and embarked on a tirate of how this was not a race, and I need to pull back, and the whole part of being outside is to perfect our form, and blah, blah, blah! I just looked at her like she lost her f'in mind! When she finally finished, I said, "OK I'll back off." I figured it was better than going back at her, because it was obviouse that she was totally PMS'in.

Well...
She came at me again, because maybe I was not giving her the reaction she desired. I rensurred her, that I understood her and got her point the first time. And, as if I was living a Goundhog Day, she started at me agin. This time I raise my hand to her to stopped her mid-sentance, looked her straight in her eyes, and said firmly, "I got it, you do not need to repeat it again." I do not know if she saw the flash of Jersey in my baby-blues or she always repeats things three times, but she stopped.

When finished our workout, and Lady was fine. She even high-fived me, becasue we made it through our first outside workout. This confirmed my hypothsis that she does suffer from short-term memory loss, or she is just loco.

Pat your weave!
And, I am out!


Bi-otche
the biggest be-otch ever found or known to man, be-otch to the max



Lady was a real bi-otche at the pool last week.

No comments: