Friday, December 19, 2008

December 19: Perfect Gift???

Happy "National Oatmeal Muffin Day" tators! Now, I prefer an oatmeal cookie to an oatmeal muffin, but I prefer an oatmeal muffin to a muffin top. So, if you have any articles of clothing that create the slightest of mini-muffs, make it part of your New Year's resolutions and burn them babies, and go shoppin' for some new threads!

So, now that 2008 is almost to a close, let's slam the door on this bee-otch with a B-A-N-G!

Well...
Carl-E was guilted by Helen Ellen for us to take a vay-cay to the rockin' town of Bradenton. Now, I was not prepared for this journey, because Carl-E and I made a discussion way back in the day that we would stay in Hot-Lanta. So, when my other half dumped this bomb on me, let's say that I was not as happy as when I got my last LV!

Anywho...
Here it last Saturday, I have no list of Carl-E's wants for Ho-Ho Day, a trip to get ready for, and a really bad broken nail! OOCHY! But, rather than wallow in my sorrow or hold a private pity parade, I sprung into Wonder Woman mode.

1) I called the pet sitter, and begged her to take care of my babies. Because my kitties are the best in the universe, she could not refuse the opportunity to spend precious moments with them

2) I told Carl-E that if I did not get a list of wants by Sunday night, he would get a swift kick in the knee (NOTE: It's still swollen; poor baby!)

3) I got on line, and ordered The Honey Baked Ham and Carl-E's fav; the cheese cake sampler, wrote a list for my mother-in-law of other items I would need to whip up a Christmas feasty, signed a check to cover the costs, and dropped it in the mail to her

Come Monday...
I had all of Carl-E's gifts ordered and shipped to Helen Ellen's, and I thought I could kick back and chill the rest of the week.

Oh, but hellz no!
Monday evening, my beloved tells me that he needs gifts for his managers. And not just any gift, but a very specific gift; a wood case with wine implements, such as a cork screw, stoppers, etc. He wants 4 of the same and he needs them by...
WEDNESDAY!

The journey begins...
Tuesday I get up, cancel my pedi, go for a quick 10k, and then embark on my quest for Carl-E's perfect gift. So, I travel to a speciality store where I found lots of goodies pour moi, but not the goody that Carl-E wanted. So, I jumped back in the auto, and traveled to another store. Guess what? NADA! The next one; close but no cigar. The one after that; zilch! I began to think that Carl-E's gift was a myth, like anti-aging cream (NOTE: I know that we all want to believe that it really exists, but there is no such thing Virgina!)

Finally...
Three hours later,10 stores, and my spirits dampened; I locate the holy grail of corporate gifts at my last stop. There it was on the shelf, gleaming under the halogen lights; my foul language wails of desperation were answered! I was approached by a large but friendly store manager, who asked me if I needed help. I smiled a very large grin, and I pointed to the magical box, and said, "I'll take four of those, please!"

And then...
He said, "Sorry, that's my last one." My world suddenly crashed around my Burberry wellies, and this must of shown my face, because the manager-guy asked me if I was ok. Choking back a waterfall of tears, with hands flying, and speaking extremely fast, I blurted out my tale of woe. I know I looked totally pitiful, because he said to me, "Look I can give you this set (NOTE: Which was 20 greenbacks more) for the cost of the one you wanted." I was so elated, that I jumped up and down and clapped my hands like a total fool.

Never the less...
I came through once again for my man. I so rock, because that's how I roll, homey!

Have a fabu Christmas, Chaunukka, Kwanzaa, and every other winter holiday!

Loves ya!

No comments: