Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21: Oh, This and Dat!

Big ups, tators! Well, I have S-U-C-C-E-S-S-fully completed my 4th swimming lesson. I am proud to say that I can keep my cute face in under the water for four strokes. The photo of Dara Torres on my fridge must me providing me with super swimming powers!

Anywho...

I went to see my endocrinologist. He is very cool and he gets me (NOTE: This is very hard, but he really gets me and all my quirks!). With his recommended increased dose of Synthroid, my thyroid is now under control. Whenever I visit (NOTE: I do not use the term "appointment," because it sounds to clinical and it takes all the fun out of going to the doctor and getting weighted and stuck with needles!), we discuss my adventures and my food log.

Yes, I keep a food log. Honestly, it sucks to write down everything itty-bitty smidgen of food you put in your mouth, but it helps me keep at 1500 a day. I mean that I have to write down anything that contains a calorie. And to help me with this feat...I have a book larger than the bible that lists th calories in everything from pig liver to Starbuck's lattes. To make it more of a happy experience, I start each day with a new Hello Kitty sticker and use my medium point Gel pen.

Well, like always our visit was a pleasant one, the results of the scale were happy, and I said, "see you in two months!". The next night, Carl-E and I were supposed to go climbing. What is becoming a royal pain in the tush occurrence, he had to stay late. This made climbing a no-go. However, I still got out of cooking because by the time he told me we were not going climbing, I just did not feel like cooking. He totally understood, and suggested Bar-B-Que.

The Bar-B-Que resturant we dine at is a total dive (NOTE: For you Orlandoans, picture PR's but instead of writing on the wall, imagine hundreds of $'s with writing on them on the wall and a stuffed armadillo!), but the food is constantly good and the beer is ice-cold. So, I am enjoying my Lone Star brew and who do I see but my doctor.

"So what?" you might be asking, but to tell you the truth I felt like I was just caught smoking by my friends mom or I was back in elementary school and I saw my teacher while I was stealing gum from K-Mart. Because I have been struggling with my thyroid for, oh four years now, and I have been so focused on getting everything under control, and really alcohol is not really part of my diet, I felt so guilty sucking down that beer.

And the icing on the cake...Over comes my doctor and he says, "No carbs for you tomorrow!", winks and walks back to his table. My guilt-factor rose about 100-bazillon percent. When my food came (NOTE: It was healthy; roasted chicken with green beans, no butter, and Bar-B-Que on the side), I could barely eat.

Guess what came home with me; my dinner and Carl-E called me "Ridiculous!' See what being raised in a Italian-Catholic house will do to a 30+something adult who sees her doctor out in public?!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: